SAVANNAH, Georgia, is one of the best southern USA vacation spots for friends to reconnect, reunite and relax! Like a Girlfriends Meet-up, for example. Green Palm Inn accommodates up to 5 guests.
You’ll be saying “Oh, happy day! Life is more beautiful together.” Do you dream about a lovely day to be butterflies in Savannah, Georgia, or fishing gals on nearby Tybee Island beach?
Have you heard the term “togethering”? It’s like a destination wedding without the wedding! Time for southern fun, southern food and what is spontaneous among friends.
We bet you didn’t know that 80% of leisure travelers use travel as the new way to reconnect. — Source: National Travel Monitor.
Togethering conjures up thoughts of friendship travel, friends travel, and guys-only or girlfriend travel – meeting up for some great times to reconnect, reunite and relax together. Three gals we know call it their girls’ escape! Even for a few days, the friends travel to getaway from the norm – hit the high notes, stretching comfort zones with culinary adventures, cultural exploration, art, literature talks or a movie tour, boutique shopping, spa getaway, or meeting up for golf.
Cooking classes was one of their favorite things to do. A really great food tour hits the fine dining spots, once a month. You’ll discover that the Savannah Historic District and Green Palm Inn are a foodies’ paradise.
Getaway Ideas … with frugality in mind
A big savings in tough economic times, our Savannah breakfast inn assists with getaway ideas at zero cost to our guests. In contrast, an article in Frommer’s noted an “untour” company in New York City, which charged $99 per day for in-town day-trip recommendations.
Above and beyond her role as Green Palm Inn’s B&B innkeeper, Diane McCray is well traveled and well acquainted with the city’s best eateries, local food places, and artsy niches. Diane makes the great local connections that friends traveling to Savannah call ‘spot on’!
The breakfast inn’s travelers get a running start with getaway ideas for memorable, togethering moments that include free things to do. Here are a few:
- Weave your way into local events, social events, street events and street cafes. You’ll feel like a local!
- Take in a fun Savannah cooking class where you eat what you cook.
- Walk along the beautified Savannah riverfront harbor.Explore southern tearooms and art galleries.
- Take a Savannah River or dolphin spotting cruise.
- Visit artisan candy shops. Yes, indeed! You’ll want a sweet take along!
- Visit an artisan’s glass workshop or one-of-a-kind wine cellar. (Every wine is chilled!)
- Browse chic, local specialty shops in the Downtown Design District.
- Attend a concert in-the-park, sipping wine and catching up with friends.
- Plan your own friends’ picnic at the beach. Tybee Island is a quick 20 minute drive.
- Savor a true southern comfort-food lunch – southern home style cooking where you pass the bowls.
- Take in Savannah’s fun nightspots. Remember, Savannah approves of take-along, to-go plastic cups — any beverage.
Green Palm Inn is ready to help with your southern getaway — spring, summer, fall, or winter!