SAVANNAH Georgia — “For foodies, here’s a dozen Savannah food standouts, each worthy of its own bucket list food trip,” says Diane McCray, of the top-rated Green Palm Inn in downtown Savannah.
From local Savannah foodies, here we share a short menu of where to find some memorable, good food in Savannah and nearby Tybee Island, Georgia.
“We think three or four days would be about right for a foodie’s trip to Savannah. Of course, we think it should begin with our delightful gourmand breakfast at our top-rated bed and breakfast inn in Savannah,” says Diane. This cottage inn also serves afternoon sweet desserts, plus pre-dinner wine and finger appetizers.
This Savannah B&B inn’s amazing food is complimentary, included in the lodging rate.
Here we go with our short list of must taste, really good food in Savannah. Diane and staff will share more back stories, picnics and other ways to weave this tasty food into your culinary trip to Savannah, Georgia USA.
- Wiley’s Championship BBQ, Burnt End Sandwich & Brunswick Stew
- Zunzi’s Takeout (or new Zunzi’s 2 for dinner), the Godfather or Conquistador sub sandwich
- Crystal Beer Parlor, Duck Legs with Orange glaze sauce
- AquaStar Seafood, Savannah’s Seafood Pot Pie
- FORM, New York Style Cheesecake
- Green Truck Pub, Farm Truck Salad topped with hamburger and grilled Vidalia onions.
- Alligator Soul, Hilbo Steak with house salad (featuring grits croutons), and Peach Cobbler Cheesecake
- Leopold’s Ice Cream, Dutch Utopia and Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Think about adding freshly made hot chocolate fudge sauce.
- Lulu’s Chocolate Bar, Chocolate Brownie with Rosa Regale sparkling red wine or a martini specialty.
- The Breakfast Club (Tybee, catered John F. Kennedy Jr. wedding), PMS Omelet or your choice.
Get away soon and often! Green Palm Inn in Savannah will be your local spotter for all the things you’d love to do, eat, and see.
Copyright (c) 2013 Green Palm Inn / Sandy Traub