Recipe: Southern Pimento Cheese and Pepper Jelly Sandwich Rounds
Green Palm Inn, Savannah Georgia USA
– 1 block of Cracker Barrel Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar – grated
– Mayo – just enough to loosen
– garlic powder to taste
– 2 small jars drained pimentos
– red bell pepper (chopped) to taste
– 2-3 dashes Worshestershire sauce
Mix well and refrigerate covered.
TO MAKE THE SANDWICHES:
For rounds, cut center of sandwich bread (your choice) with biscuit cutter. For square sandwiches, cut crust off your favorite bread.
Spread the pimento cheese on bottom slice. Spread thin layer of red pepper jelly on top of cheese. Top with second layer of bread.
Optional: Use Panini pan to lightly grill sandwich. Or use non-stick pan to light toast on one side, then flip.