SAVANNAH Georgia (July 8, 2013; updated October 21, 2013) — Make it a foursome – couples getaway for running, a mancation for golf, or a girls getaway in historic Savannah, Georgia. Our Savannah lodging tip: Book early at Green Palm Inn!
It’s a lively time to be here! Here are more Savannah events and things to do in Savannah around the November 11th date:
- November 9: Savannah Rock N Roll Marathon. This year there’s a 2-person, 1/2 marathon!
- November 9-11: Fee-free admission to Fort Pulaski National Monument.
- November 11: Veterans Day Parade
- November 11: Golf for Birdies at the exclusive and private Savannah Golf Club — the oldest gold course in America.
- November 11-17: Savannah Food & Wine Festival
- November 13: Joe Bonamassa, Johnny Mercer Theatre, Civic Center
- November 15: SCAD Film and Television Senior Showcase
- November 16: Jim Brickman, “The Love Tour”, Savannah
- November 17 … “Take a Hike Day”, a great day for an exhilarating walk, or telling somebody to get lost!
- November 19: Sizzling Salsa dance classes, Telfair Museum’s rotunda
- November 21: Savannah Philharmonic & Equinox Jazz, LucasTheatre with Annie Sellick (Gypsy Jazz) @SavPhilharmonic & @EquinoxJazz
- November 23: SCAD Fall Commencement, Savannah
November 24: Savannah Philharmonic, Chamber Concert No. 2 American Influence, Telfair Museum
Here’s the scoop for the charity golf event:
It’s a rare opportunity to play on the private and exclusive, historic Savannah Golf Club — the oldest golf club in America. Our historic bed and breakfast is near the Savannah Golf Club — only 5 minutes drive from Green Palm Inn bed and breakfast.
The Savannah event is “Golf for Birdies” to benefit America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia — November 11, 2013; $150 per person / $600 per foursome. It’s a great way to contribute needed funds to put 6000 turkeys on tables this year through this HelpForHunger.com event.
Of the 7th Annual Golf for Birdies Tournament, HelpForHunger.org writes: “Golf at the oldest golf course in the country, the Savannah Golf Club, and help provide turkeys for families and children in our community in need. You are invited to test your skills against Savannah’s finest Golfers (or so they claim)!”
Of course, we’d love for you to stay at our top-rated Green Palm Inn, cozy and fun-loving on Greene Square in the historic district — the “Softer Side of Savannah”.™ Toll free (USA and Canada) 888-606-9510; local 912.447.8901. Email GreenPalmInn@aol.com
Copyright © 2013 Green Palm Inn / Sandy Traub