SAVANNAH, Georgia — Affordable travel is quite the buzz! Savannah tourism star and Green Palm Inn’s innkeeper says, “Get away for affordable Savannah weekday travel. A midweek travel getaway or a Sunday through Thursday vacation in Savannah finds the city less crowded.”
The popular Savannah bed and breakfast innkeeper points to 17 Best Savannah Weekday Tips for economical weekdays travel in Savannah, Georgia. She includes a winter lodging deal at the popular cozy historic inn.
- You’ll love our cozy Savannah inn’s lodging deal! Exclusively for Sunday through Thursday stay at Green Palm Inn between January 15, 2017 – February 9, 2017. Book 2 nights and get the 3rd night free — all dates between Sunday through Thursday.
- Be in Savannah for Georgia History Festival’s Super Museum Sunday, February 5, 2017. Admission to a wide range of museums and historic sites is free — 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- A hidden gem is Betty Bombers All American Eatery features fresh ingredients and our favorite burger! With the feel of a World War II canteen style cafe, Betty Bombers is located in the original Mighty Eighty Air Force building, now the American Legion located just north of Forsyth Park on Bull Street.
- To discover cheap airfare to Savannah, set up an alert on AirFareWatchdog.com. There are seven airlines flying into Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport. with 22 direct flights. Want to keep Savannah on your desktop mind? Download 2017 Savannah airport desktop calendars (free).
- Excellent and thrifty Groupon deal to El Gre Fine Fusion (special sale ends January 2, 2017) extends offers for weekday deal for 1 or weekday deal for two. If you miss the deal, we recommend an affordable and amazingly delightful early 11:30a or late 2p lunch at The Vault, owned by the same folks.
- City parking meters are free after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, Monday – Thursday, plus city authorized holidays (listed at this link). This includes on the riverfront. Also, a DOT Express Shuttle is free, serving 12 stops in the historic district. The closest stop to Green Palm Inn is St. Julian and East Broad. (see schedule)
- Thursday, February 2, plus February 3 and 4, 2017, The Piano Men at the historic Savannah Theatre.
- Groove into the local preservation enthusiast’s scene! Sunday, February 19, 2017, take part in something new — The Davenport Soirée! Join with Savannah locals and international travelers for an afternoon of music, fine spirits, amusements, and delicious food at the beautiful Elizabeth on 37th (one of Savannah’s best fine dining restaurants)!
- Cheese Board and Champagne Cocktails at Lulu’s Chocolate Bar. Winner of Best Overall Cheese Board 2015! Gourmet cheeses served with crackers, fresh fruit, glazed nuts, and fruit. Plus weekday discounts! Monday/Thursday Special: $5 Champagne Cocktails; reduced price specials during Happy Hour all night Wednesdays; Happy Hour Monday thru Saturday 5 to 8pm. $2 off martinis, $3 wells, free cookie bites!
- Flying Fish Bar and Grill. A budget-friendly $6.95 lunch special every weekday at this popular Wilmington Island casual spot. The owner formerly was kitchen manager for the famous Williams Seafood Restaurant on Highway 80 in route to Tybee Island, GA.
- Take advantage of multiple museum admission passes! Pay admission to one Telfair Museum, and you’ve earned free admission to all three, valid for entrance within one week. Purchase a “Pioneers in Preservation Triple Pass” to visit three of Savannah historic house museums: Andrew Low House, the Davenport House Museum and the Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum.
- Don’t wait until February to celebrate Black Heritage. Get off the beaten path to visit the Gullah/Geechee heritage along Johnny Mercer’s real “Moon River” with a visit to Pin Point Heritage Museum (open Thursday – Saturday). Plus, purchase fine art at Samantha Claar’s Gullah Gallery in City Market. Here’s a link for 10% off art purchase at Samantha Claar’s gallery.
- Take advantage of Old Town Trolley Tour’s “Hometown Pass“, available to all residents of Bryan, Effingham, Liberty & Chatham counties in Georgia and Jasper County and Beaufort County in South Carolina. Some of the tours and attractions for FREE when accompanied by a full fare adult paid guest. Check link for full details.
- Walk Tybee Island beach or kayak the waterways of Tybee Island and Little Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia. Ask about 3 hour winter tour (11a-2p) with Sea Kayak Georgia.
- Check your travel dates on the Savannah Music Festival calendar — March 23 – April 8, 2017. Several discount bundles are available for purchase.
- Exclusive to Green Palm Inn guests, Diane shares her private key to one of Savannah’s most private clubs — a Savannah Speakeasy, Mata Hari.
- Things to do coupon discounts — haunted and walking tours, private boat trips, museum entrance and more! 25 MORE free things to do are listed at SouthernSavers.com here
Diane McCray Crews, a Savannah tourism star and innkeeper at Green Palm Inn will have more Savannah insider tips and recommendations for overnight guests, based on your interests. Just ask when your book your historic Savannah inn lodging at Green Palm Inn.
ABOUT GREEN PALM INN
Featured on Wheel of Fortune, Innkeeper/co-owner Diane McCray Crews touts Green Palm Inn (circa 1897) as “The Softer Side of Savannah”. Originally sea captain cottages, the four-room Gingerbread Classic B&B shares cottage-inn comforts in the quiet of Greene Square’s residential neighborhood in the National Landmark Historic District. Fodor’s guide calls Green Palm Inn a “pleasing little discovery” and “a little gem of an inn”. BedandBreakfast.com named the cottage B&B a top pick for a holiday trip – “Top 10 B&Bs for the Holidays, 2011″. For more information: GreenPalmInn.com; Email GreenPalmInn@aol.com, telephone toll free in USA 888/606-9510, local and international 912/447-8901, 548 East President Street, Savannah, GA USA 31401. Twitter @GreenPalmInn, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Copyright © 2017 Green Palm Inn