Green Palm Inn bed and breakfast in downtown Savannah is named one incredible inn by BedandBreakfast.com in the worldwide organization’s “Top 10 B&Bs for the Holidays“, announced today. The selection team said in selecting the great bed and breakfasts for the holidays that they were impressed with our B&B’s “Meaningful, Simplified Bed and Breakfast Christmas” [full release here].
We are so unbelievably pleased to be spotlighted as an award-winning bed and breakfast, in company with lovely, distinguished inns! So, we thought we would pay it forward with our own top ten holiday ideas in Savannah!
“Savannah Holidays Top Ten” from Green Palm Inn
1. Get under the mistletoe. Look up, where you might least expect to find it — into the downtown Savannah tree canopies!
2. Slip into the historic churches to hear holiday music in downtown Savannah. On Sunday night (9PM), hear the Compline community choir at Christ Church on Johnson Square. Then toast the magical evening at Lulu’s Chocolate — Chocolate Crème Brulee, chocolate martini, chocolate fondue for two, and sparkling dessert wine.
3. Throw out the rules. Binge on a holiday lunch… like the kind you’d have at Grandmother’s House! Warm up with homemade soups, sandwich, Mary’s Apple Pie, and winter ice cream flavors at Leopold’s Ice Cream shop.
4. Celebrate with wonderful practicalities when you swoop up practically perfect gifts. We love Savannah note cards from Ray Ellis Gallery and cashmere socks from Marc by Marc Jacobs. We have more Savannah-themed recommendations. Click here for more Savannah-themed shopping ideas.
5. Fly the American flag … or a lapel pin from Green Palm Inn. We want to remind ourselves and our neighbors to think of military service families who will be experiencing a very different Christmas. Someone dear is deployed to some hotspot in the world.
6. Jingle all the way! Take a holiday sightseeing tour outside the historic district. Did you know that James Pierpont wrote Jingle Bells while serving as the Universalist Church organist in Savannah, GA?
7. Hear church bells chiming holiday carols. Be somewhere close to Wright Square around noon. One idea is to grab an easy lunch (we like the Curry Chicken Roll-up with sparkling water), plus decadent chocolates at Wright Square Café’ & Chocolatier … on Wright Square.
8. Spread your own holiday cheer by shopping around and getting to know the city folk! Ask for the clerk’s card at boutique shops. Build a personal rapport to take advantage of sales announcements … the old fashioned way, by way of a first-name shopping contact.
9. Take pictures for your memory book. Spectacular spots are the Forsyth Park fountain, sunset on the Savannah riverfront, in Ellis Square at the Christmas tree and colorful water spray, on the Jepson Center stairway, in front of beautifully decorated mansions (like the festively decorated Philbrick-Eastman House on the west side of Chippewa Square), and inside the historic Savannah Theatre with a holiday musical cast and décor as your backdrop.
10. Last, but far from least, cozy up in front of a fireplace at Green Palm Inn. Take part in southern style “visiting” while enjoying fresh baked desserts, hot tea or coffee, a mellowing wine or two with one-bite appetizers, or hot chocolate.
We sincerely wish you heartfelt holidays, merry and bright … a wonderful Christmas, full of cheer and happy memories!
Green Palm Inn
YouTube Travel Video: “The Softer Side of Savannah”
548 East President Street, Savannah, GA USA 31401
Telephone 912-447-8901 / Toll Free USA & Canada 888-606-9510
greenpalminn.com | Twitter @GreenPalmInn | Facebook
Copyright (c) 2011 Green Palm Inn / Sandy Traub