During Memorial Day weekend, Savannah bed and breakfast foodies joined Chef Darin Sehnert at 700 Kitchens Cooking School. The special guest cooking instructor was James T. Farmer III, a designer, author, and contributing editor at Southern Living magazine.
Family back stories and agrarian cooking and garden lifestyles came through in every morsel, cooking tip, and southern recipe.
Foodies enjoyed the “Farmer to Table” MENU, with encouragement to embrace a daily farm to table lifestyle.
- Southern Garden Bruschetta … with Pickled Okra & Fried Egg
- Shrimp & Grits
- Warm Spinach & Bacon Salad … with herb & poppyseed dressing
- Iron Skillet Pineapple Blueberry Upside Down Cake (basic recipe here)
- Don’t miss attending a James Farmer event, if you have a chance to meet this brilliant, personable Georgia country lad. At 29, he is a wise southerner who walks the talk with talent derived from his farm life from his youth, and endearing southern stories of working to plant and enjoy tasty and beautiful bounties of the garden.
- Buy any or all of his books. His latest is A Time to Plant: Southern-Style Garden Living.
- Check out his blog, All Things Farmer.
- Please hurry back to Savannah, James Farmer!
Come, stay in Savannah with us at Green Palm Inn, a cozy cottage bed and breakfast inn. As you can see from our own storytelling, our top-rated Savannah bed and breakfast lodging includes our insider tips, plus we’ll connect you to what appeals to the senses — touch, feel , see, and taste!
See you soon!